I have commented on many people’s packing lists, professing that jeans are completely impractical.
They are heavy, they take too long to dry and are often too hot to wear. I have felt so strongly that I have stated this opinion with a holier than thou attitude.
I have not worn jeans for over six months.
That is, until today.
But let me give you some lame excuses:
1) Bogota is cold. I know 18C seems warm but I’m used to 40C
2) No one here wears shorts and I’ve fallen prey to the idea of not looking like a backpacker
3) People often think I’m Colombian until they see my clothes, my fitting in I have less chance of being robbed
4) My zip off pants are warm but I can’t wear them every single day
5) Jeans are 1/10 of the price I would spend at home
6) I’ll need warm weather clothes for Peru and Chile as well, I’ll wear them again
and most importantly…
7) I had to replace my pants that had a hole in the ass
These are all good reasons to be a hypocrite, right?