Eating and drinking local food is one of my favourite ways to discover I’m not one to shy away from trying the local drink, this time a great pisco sour recipe.
I have great memories of magical nights in Colombia that started with aguardiente. But pisco sour is different, it’s not a shot in a salsa club but something to enjoy with friends and my first taste of pisco sour was with local Peruvians and other travelers.
Today I met up with some people from Couchsurfing who offered to take a group travelers on a free day tour. After a few hours of seeing downtown Lima we decided to go back to their house and try our hand at making pisco sours.
The Perfect Pisco Sour Recipe
1. Get a large Argentinean Couchsurfer to squeeze the juice from six lime.
2. Add 3 oz pisco, 1-2 oz simple syrup, one egg white 4 drops of bitter.
3. Put into a blender with a handful of ice and blend until smooth.
4. Top with a dash of cinnamon.
5. Pose for a photo with your new Peruvian amigas and then proceed to drink this limey deliciousness all afternoon.
6. Offer to finish off the end of the pitcher to ensure your host knows that you were appreciative and think it’s delicious.
If you’re not in Peru it’s easy to find pisco at home, and if you need a reason the first Saturday in February is National Pisco Sour Day.
Love cocktails? Also check out: