In addition to my sister’s wedding in the Valley of Fire the highlight of Las Vegas was visiting In-N-Out Burger. It was highly anticipated, which was why I needed to dig deep into the internet to find the In-N-Out Burger Secret Menu.
California’s first drive thru burger joint, the beauty of In-N-Out Burger is a super simple menu of burgers, shakes and fries. And of course if you want to get crazy a Double-Double. They focus on a few things and do them really well.
But… if you want it’s possible to take those items and reinvent them into new awesome menu items.
The Official In-N-Out Burger Secret Menu
However, the secret menu isn’t so secret. Furthermore, it’s well documented by regulars. In fact, In-N-Out Burger has buttons on the cash register for the most popular items and a link to its not so secret menu.
Seems like a Double-Double isn’t enough for you? You can supersize it and ask for a 3×3 or 4×4 – which is 4 cheeseburgers packed on top for each other. It was once possible to get even more but of course college guys in the Sin City location pushed their luck will 100×100 and since then it’s been limited to 4.
But even with these official items, many new secret menu items have been created over the years.
In-N-Out Burger for Carbophobes
- Protein Style is a regular burger without the bun, wrapped in lettuce.
- The Scooby Snack is a single grilled patty.
- The Flying Dutchman includes two slices of cheese melted between meat patties.
- The Flying Dutchman Animal Style adds diced onions between the cheese.
Vegetarian Options at In-N-Out Burger
- Grilled Cheese: cheese between two toasted buns.
- Cheesy Wiki: three slices of cheese with four slices of tomato on a double toasted bun.
- Wish Burger: a toasted burger with lettuce and tomato, you can add the usual onions, spread, and pickles.
Most noteworthy: vegetarians should double check to see if the items are cooked on the burger grill.
You Want Fries With That
I had to have the Animal Style Fries, who could pass up fries with cheese, spread and grilled onions.
While people rave about the burgers, fries at In-N-Out Burger are controversial and many criticize they are too soggy so you can ask for them to be cooked well done or fries light well which are crunchier but not overcooked.
Onions Your Way at In-N-Out Burger
First of all, they come as a fresh slice by default. In addition, raw chopped, chopped grilled, and whole grilled onions are available by request.
Your Burger Your Way
- Mustard fried is a must! The burger is spread with mustard, then grilled. The hot grill burns the tasty mustard into the patty. Because we loved it so much we now do it at home.
- Yellow chilies are available on the burger whole, chopped or on the side.
- Medium rare is available if you ask.
- Double toasted bun or not toasted at all.
- Cold cheese can be ordered on the cheeseburger if you don’t want it melted.
- Cut in half perfect for families.
- No salt or extra salt – who orders extra salt at a fast food joint???
Shakes and Drinks
In addition to regular shakes and soft drinks you can choose an In-N-Out Burger menu combination for beverages as well:
- Black and white is also known as a chocolate vanilla swirl.
- Neapolitan is chocolate, strawberry and vanilla combined.
- Around the World all of the shake flavours combined.
- Root beer float is half vanilla shake and half root beer. You can have it split 50/50 or any ratio you’d like.
- Arnold Palmer with lemonade and ice tea.
- LemonUp with lemonade and 7Up
- You can also order a large shake in a medium cup or ask for a split shake for two kids to share.
What In-N-Out Burger Won’t Do
Almost all employees try to please customers by accommodating a variety of unusual combinations in the secret menu at In-N-Out Burger. However, there are a few restrictions:
- No Monkey Burger – also known as fries on a burger. Maybe because they are cooked at different stations?
- No Lemon Fries which are simply fries with a squeeze from a lemon wedge.
- No Roadkill Fries – opposite of a Monkey Burger, this involves a chopped up burger patty on top of animal style fries.\
Pin It For Later
Images: Brave Heart