Strawberry truffles are a great Valentine’s Day recipe, or for any day of the year.
I am not a baker and I prefer savoury over sweet. But even I cannot turn down a good chocolate.
This is a truffle recipe for people who want to impress but don’t want to stay in the kitchen all day. I call it the slacker recipe for truffles with strawberry.
It doesn’t require a long grocery list, there’s no wondering if you should use full-fat or low-fat cream cheese.
All you need are 3 ingredients and 20 minutes.
No fancy cooking gadgets either: You need a sauce pan. A bowl. A baking sheet or cutting board, or even a plate.
Really can it get any simpler?
A 3 Ingredient Truffle Recipe?
Yes you read that right! But with any recipe that only uses a few ingredients they must be of the highest quality.
This isn’t a budget recipe. But it also doesn’t have to be really expensive.
But let me warn you, if you use cheap chocolate, these strawberry truffles are going to taste cheap.
What are Freeze Dried Strawberries?
A freeze dried strawberry IS NOT THE SAME as a regular dried strawberry.
You cannot substitute one for the other. Freeze drying strawberries make them light, crunchy and so flavourful. When you make this truffle recipe the strawberries become rehydrated.
If you use regular dried strawberries you won’t have an intense strawberry flavour.
Can I Use Fresh Strawberries?
Yes and no. Technically you can. Simply remove the stem and blend the strawberries together. Strain the strawberries through a fine strainer to remove the seeds.
However, the flavour won’t be intense like the freeze dried ones. So if you do use fresh strawberries please don’t comment that the recipe didn’t work!
The Easiest Strawberry Truffles Recipe
- ¾ cup 35% heavy cream
- 2 10-ounce packages dark chocolate chips
- 1 1-ounce package freeze dried strawberries, blended into a fine powder
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Bring the cream to a simmer, the remove from heat.
- Pour one package of dark chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl. Pour the heated cream over the top of the chocolate chips and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until well combined, then add all but one tablespoon of the crushed strawberries. Stir to combine.
- Place the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Heat the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out the chocolate mixture and form into balls. Dip each ball in melted chocolate and top with a sprinkle of crushed strawberries.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and set before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 232 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 12mg Carbohydrates 22g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g
Pin it: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles